Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Blog Analysis

Template: I wanted my blog to be simple to navigate and I wanted it to be easy to find links, previous posts, etc. The simple template that I chose accomplishes these things very well and I really liked the name of "simple templates." Sometimes less is more, and I certainly feel that this is the case in this situation.

Title: The name of my blog is "Arty Party." I really wanted to make the title of my blog rhyme for whatever reason, and the only relevant rhyme I could think of was Arty Party. I thought it was a great name for this blog because I wanted it to be lighthearted and humorous.

Color: I chose a deep purple for the background of the title and I chose a lighter, but still pretty dark, blueish color for the general background color. I like dark colors, and I feel as having white text on a really dark background makes the text easier to read.

Font: I wanted to choose a cool font for the title that really pops out and says "Party," and I feel as though the Indie Flower text accomplishes this very well. I stuck with Arial for the general text of the blog because it's really easy to read. I really wanted to change the font of the blog description but I couldn't figure it out.

 Pages: I chose to include a separate page for the "About Me" section. I wanted to have a little bit more space to write than the little section that blogger allotted for this purpose. I'll probably add a few more pages in the future to share my other interests in music and movies and whatnot.

Other Elements: I included a poll section where I will post some interesting and cool questions for people to answer (I'll probably end up getting two votes, but that's besides the point). Sometimes the questions will be fun and not too serious, other times they'll be more philosophical and introspective. I also included a place where you could watch youtube videos without leaving my blog. I added this to make my blog a little bit more interesting... and to keep you on it for a longer period of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment